Almond Bars (Almond Emulsion)
This recipe for almond bars. Impressive but are deceptively simple to make - all the ingredients are mixed in just one bowl
INGREDIENTS1 cup melted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons FlourShop Almond Bakery Emulsion
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Mix in Almond emulsion. Add salt and flour and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spread in a greased 9-inch X 13-inch pan and sprinkle top evenly with the sliced almonds if desired. Bake at 350° F. for 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Cut into bars or squares.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Blast Cookies (Butter Vanilla Emulsion)
RECIPE TIP: Use either dried cranberries or cherries or a combination or both
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
1 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon FlourShop Butter Vanilla Bakery Emulsion
1 teaspoon FlourShop Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion
1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and oats and stir until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and bakery emulsions. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in dried fruit.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until just browned along the edges. Do not over bake.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies for Nutella Lovers (Hazelnut Emulsion)
INGREDIENTS1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon FlourShop Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1/8 teaspoon FlourShop Super Strength Creamy Hazelnut Flavoring OR 1/2 teaspoon FlourShop Hazelnut Bakery Emulsion
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the browned butter: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. When butter begins to foam, whisk constantly until butter just starts to brown, about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat the cooled butter and sugars with an electric mixer until very well blended. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and Hazelnut flavoring. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place dough in refrigerator until well chilled, about 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove dough from refrigerator. Using a small ice cream scoop, or a tablespoon, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake cookies for 8 - 10 minutes until the edges are just turning golden (do not over-bake). Cool on cookie sheet for a several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.